Invisalign in Laval
The Laval dental clinic of Groupe dentaire API offers Invisalign orthodontics for adults, but also Invisalign for children. This technique has changed the way orthodontic treatments are provided. With its many benefits and its effectiveness in managing many jaw and tooth alignment problems, Invisalign orthodontics is one of the most versatile treatments available.
At Groupe dentaire API, we have a team of general dentists, some of whom offer orthodontic services. If you have any questions, please consult our dentists, who will be able to help you.
CLEAR AND REMOVABLE ALIGNERS
Rather than using braces and other metal appliances to change the positioning of the teeth and/or jaws, Invisalign relies instead on the use of a series of clear aligners. The aligners are worn for about 1 week, before being replaced by new ones. The aligners are specially designed according to the progress of the treatment. As with traditional orthodontic treatment, the changes to the teeth are gradual.
Not only are the aligners transparent, which means that the treatment is done discreetly. They are also removable, so there is no need to change your diet or oral hygiene habits.
- Taking impressions and treatment plan: using a digital scan, 3D impressions of the teeth are taken. These impressions are used to plan the treatment steps, thanks to a software program, and to design the models of the aligners needed for the entire treatment. At this stage, we also make a simulation of the smile to show the course of treatment and the final result.
- Fabrication of the aligners: the models are sent to the Invisalign company, which fabricates the aligners and sends them back to the clinic
- Carrying out the treatment: the instructions are given to the patient during an appointment in the clinic. The patient must then wear the aligners at all times, except during meals and hygiene care, for about 22 hours a day. He or she must also replace them with the new set of aligners at the indicated time. Follow-up appointments are also scheduled at regular intervals..
A TREATMENT WITH MANY BENEFITS
When compared to traditional orthodontic options, the Invisalign method offers several benefits that make all the difference for the patient. These benefits greatly alleviate the burden associated with orthodontic treatments using braces and fixed appliances. Discover below the main advantages of Invisalign, which explains its growing popularity.
A DISCREET TREATMENT
The aligners are barely visible when placed on the teeth. This makes it a very discreet technique, since most people do not even realize that they are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
NO FOOD RESTRAINTS
The aligners are removed during meals and snacks. There is no reason to change your eating habits. You can continue to eat hard or sticky foods, which is not the case when you wear a fixed appliance.
NO CHANGES IN DENTAL HYGIENE
For brushing and flossing, the aligners simply have to be removed. To clean them, simply brush and rinse them well.
The aligners are made of smooth plastic. They are therefore comfortable when placed on the teeth. In addition, there are no metal parts that could hurt the inside of the mouth.
TREATED WITH INVISALIGN
- Teeth that are spaced too far apart;
- Overlapping teeth;
- Crossbite (some upper teeth close behind the lower ones);
- Overbite (the upper teeth are too far forward in relation to the lower teeth);
- Underbite (the upper teeth are too far back in relation to the lower teeth);
- Open bite (there is a space between the front teeth, mainly the incisors, when the mouth is closed).
For Invisalign treatment in Laval, consult the team at Groupe dentaire API!