Dental implants are an ideal tooth replacement solution
Groupe dentaire API’s team is proud to give you access to an ultramodern operating room specially made for implantology procedures in Laval and Mascouche. Our general practice dentists offer a service in implantology. They can then install dental implants in order to let you enjoy all the advantages this tooth replacement option has to offer.
A dental implant is a rod made of titanium or zirconia that is inserted in the patient’s jaw to replace a tooth’s natural root. Dental implants have several advantages and are the tooth replacement option that both aesthetically and functionally imitate best natural teeth.
Dental implant installation procedure
To install quality dental implants, a few steps must be followed. Your general practice dentist must first assess your condition to approve the treatment plan. Here are the steps of the procedure:
- A small incision is made to insert the implant in the patient’s jaw. The incision is then sutured. This step is done under local anesthesia.
- The second step is called osseointegration and takes several weeks. While the area where the implant is inserted is healing, bone in the jaw naturally attaches itself to the implant to become sturdy enough to support for the replacement tooth.
- After the area has healed, an abutment is attached to the implant. The abutment will be used to attach an artificial tooth.
- The dentist makes a crown that will serve as a replacement tooth. It will be made according to the patients’ facial features to perfectly suit their smile.
Dental Implant Benefits
The dental implant procedure is spread out over many months but it is worth the wait because the implants’ many advantages. Here are the main ones:
- Dental implants, if well maintained by the patient, may last many decades;
- Unlike bridges, there is no need to prepare healthy nearby teeth for dental implants. Therefore, the dental implant procedure is less invasive.
- Because the metal rod acts in the same manner as a natural root, the jaw bone continues to be stimulated, which prevents the loss of bone mass. Conventional dentures inevitably cause the loss of bone mass;
- The dental implant provides excellent stability for the replacement tooth which means a better chewing capacity for the patient;
that our team prepared.
Nonetheless, do not forget that only a dentist, a specialist in your oral health,
is able to make an accurate diagnosis, so book an appointment!