Discover a Tried-and-True Solution to Brighten Your Smile or Protect Damaged Teeth.
Dental crowns are used to restore teeth that are broken, worn, damaged or devitalized. Dental crowns repair damaged teeth and by the same token, improve the appearance of your smile. Groupe dentaire API’s team has all the equipment and qualifications to design, make and install high-quality dental crowns in Laval or Mascouche.
Dental crowns can be made of various materials. Your dentist will know which one to recommend based on your needs.
Why Get Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is an artificial tooth that your dentist will connect to the damaged tooth that needs to be protected from potential damage. Dental crowns are versatile solution that can be used for many purposes:
- Repairing and protecting a broken tooth
- Strengthening a tooth that has thick layers of filling material
- Covering a tooth that has been devitalized by orthodontic treatment
- Covering a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- To restore a discoloured tooth’s natural colour.
Dental Crown Procedure
A few steps need to be followed to design and install a quality dental crown:
- The damaged tooth must first be prepared. A layer of enamel must be removed to clear enough space to connect the crown.
- Your dentist will take imprints of the prepared teeth and the nearby teeth. This is done to prepare a customized crown that will blend in perfectly with your smile.
- While the permanent crown is being built in a laboratory, a temporary crown will be installed.
- During the second appointment, the permanent crown is cemented in place to give it high sturdiness.
that our team prepared.
Nonetheless, do not forget that only a dentist, a specialist in your oral health,
is able to make an accurate diagnosis, so book an appointment!