Cleaning and Routine Dental Exam
Protect Your Smile’s Health with Routine Dental Exams and Cleaning
Everybody must see their dentist regularly regardless of age or the state of their oral health! Routine dental exams allow you get a professional cleaning, which will give you cleaner teeth, fresher breath, and help prevent oral diseases.
If you would like to maintain a young-looking smile as well as keep all your teeth your whole life, do not forget to visit regularly your dentist!
Recommended Frequency of Routine Visits
The recommended frequency for routine visits vary from person to person. Generally, there is a 3 to 12 month waiting period between each visit. Your dentist will therefore know what frequency to recommend for your needs. Many factors influence this decision, notably:
- The oral diseases you have suffered from previously
- Your oral hygiene habits
- Your consumption of tobacco products
- Conditions that require special attention such as diabetes
- Your overall health.
More Than a Cleaning Exam
Routine visits are an opportunity for your Groupe dentaire API dentist and dental hygienist to carry out many actions that are essential to maintaining optimal oral health such as:
- Deep cleaning: By using specialized tools, they are able to remove all dental plaque and tartar on your teeth’s surface.
- Preventive exam : Your dentist will thoroughly examine your oral tissues and teeth to identify oral diseases in their early stages.
- Diagnosis: Your dentist will make an accurate diagnosis if necessary to recommend you the appropriate treatment.
- Advice: This also an opportunity for your dental healthcare team to offer advice on hygiene habits and answer all your questions.
that our team prepared.
Nonetheless, do not forget that only a dentist, a specialist in your oral health,
is able to make an accurate diagnosis, so book an appointment!!