The traditional method of designing dental crowns required two visits to the clinic and the placement of a temporary restoration. With CEREC, this process is much simpler and is completed in one appointment:
- During a thorough dental examination, the dentist assesses the patient’s needs;
- The tooth to be restored is prepared, i.e. the damaged part of the tooth is removed;
- Impressions are taken using a digital scanner, and this is done in a few minutes by scanning the tooth and its neighbors;
- Using the digital impressions, a 3D model of the restoration is created using a computer program;
- The 3D model is sent to the CEREC robotic milling room, where the restoration is fabricated from a high-quality ceramic block within a few minutes;
- The restoration is installed on the tooth and cemented in place. Final adjustments are made to ensure that the restoration matches the rest of the teeth and is comfortable in the mouth.